By Pauline Gaffney
The Emmy’s. When TV’s Stars all come together in the best (and the worst fashions). This year the red carpet was full of gorgeous gowns. I have managed to narrow it down to five lovely dresses.
1. Sarah Hyland, who plays Haley Dunphy on Modern Family, is my number one choice. She collaborated with season four Project Runway winner Christian Soriano to make a one of a kind peach colored Grecian inspired dress. With a slight breeze in the air, the dress, being made out of chiffon, looked as if it was gliding along the red carpet.
2. AubreyPlaza from Parks and Recreation comes in at number two. I have made an exception for the “No white after labor day” rule as she is definitely able to pull off this white, halter style dress by Juan Carlos Obando from his 2012 fall collection.
3. Gretchen Mol from Boardwalk Empire looked very sleek in a strapless, fitted black dress from designer L’Wren Scott and is number three. While the dress was very plain, she still managed to look elegant.
4. Host Jane Lynch wore a total of four dresses, but her red carpet dress by David Meister is the best she has looked ever on a red carpet. She was able to rock this one-shouldered, empire waist, deep plumb colored dress. I’m so glad that she found a designer who was able to work with her height and not make her look like she’s 80.
5. Last, but not least, is Kelly Osborn. Wearing a fitted raspberry colored dress, from the very edgy designer J Mendel, she makes it in at number five. She also gets brownie points for not changing into another dress.